Kilkea Golf Course has been developed in a magnificent setting, beneath the shadows of a 12th century Castle (the oldest continuously inhabited castle in Ireland). It allows the splendour of the Castle to be viewed from every fairway.
In constructing this championship course, the designers have cleverly used the River Greese as a natural hazard flowing through the Castle grounds and estate. The combination of this water and a variety of other hazards and interesting greens ensures the golfer playing the course has a considered challenge on his or her hands. You will encounter the River at almost every hole. Two lakes have also been included in the course design, adding to the overall difficulty of the challenge of this royal and ancient game.
Golf Facts & Details
- Type of course: Parkland Course
- Holes: 18 Length: 6100m, 6700 yards Par: 70
- Architect: Jack McDaid and Jim Cassidy
"Nothing really prepares the player for the sudden rush of adrenalin on seeing the short 16th. Quite simply, this is one of the finest par threes one is likely to see anywhere in the golfing world, a hole that would almost certainly decide whether the front-runner in a tournament had the nerve and skill to see the challenge through to a satisfactory conclusion."
Book A Round - please contact +353 59 9145600 or click here.
Membership - Join Our Club
Kilkea Castle offers members a golf club with passion and soul, and we are currently inviting new members to continue in this great tradition.
Golf Membership Options
Single Gents membership
Single Ladies Membership
Youth Membership / Junior Membership
We have excellent facilities for all our members, including a practice range, practice putting green, a fully stocked golf shop, clubhouse bar, and restaurant with event facilities.
To learn more about our Club and the options available simply call us on +353 59 914 5600 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Golf Offers
- Corporate Golf Day Packages
- From €55 per person – Minimum numbers 30
- Available Monday to Friday (excl. bank holidays).
- Complimentary B&B accommodation for the group organiser. Package price is based on a minimum of 30 golfers.
- Welcome refreshments (tea, coffee & pastries).
- Complimentary use of our practice areas and putting green.
- 18 holes of golf on our championship course.
- Complimentary tea/coffee at our half way house.
- Complimentary trolley hire, buggy hire available at reduced corporate rates (for 50% of your final Guest numbers)
- Full use of locker rooms, changing areas and showers.
- Sponsored prizes.
- Two-course evening meal.
- Private venue for post-golf dinner and prize giving in our Albatross or Eagle Function Suites.
The Culinary Team at Kilkea Castle serves the very best of fresh, local produce sourced from ethical suppliers. Kilkea Castle offers all our guests a choice of three sumptuous dining options on the estate.
The Clubhouse at Kilkea Castle has undergone extensive remodeling and sits proudly overlooking the 9th Hole with occasional glimpses of the historic 12th century Castle filtering through the windows. With a full bar, 2 restaurants and event facilities, the Clubhouse is an ideal location for your next golf event. The Clubhouse offers the choice of Jay’s Bistro or The Octagon.
For more information about our dining options after your golf outing, click here.
For more information Contact our Golf Team or call on +353 59 914 5600
DOWNLOAD OUR GOLF BROCHURE FOR MORE DETAILS