Kilkea Castle Hotel & Golf Resort has just undergone a €30 Million renovation and refurbishment. We are now searching for an Operations Manager to help take the service levels to the next level. In particular, the role must ensure that Kilkea Castle Events are planned, managed and operated to the highest standards to retain the exclusive and historic nature of the Estate and to deliver the highest standard of guest experience at all times.
The person will be confident in all aspects of venue management with experience in Food & Beverage/Events/Front Of House/Housekeeping and Health & Safety. You will need to have a keen eye for detail, be an effective communicator and motivator and an ability to work to high standards. You will be well organised and manage your time effectively. This is a hands on Operations Manager role. The position requires flexible working hours, with breakfast shifts, evening shifts and weekend work required subject to the demands of business.
We are looking for someone to join our team who has a cheerful and positive personality, contributing to a happy and positive working environment for all our staff, and who will be able also work well with many different external suppliers.
Previous experience in high end hospitality, food & beverage and running Events is absolutely essential for this role.
- Competitive Salary
- 20 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Complimentary golf & tennis
- Employee meals Employee discounts
- Relocation estate lodge accommodation also available if required Position Purpose
- Inspire and deliver our hotels operational objectives by leading from the front with a hands-on approach to team development, delivering extraordinary customer service with an ethos of reward & recognition.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction.
- Assist our General Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotel to ensure optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
- Direct day-to-day activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognise good performance.
- Educate, train and motivate hotel staff while ensuring they have the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with Heads of Departments.
- Interact with guests and individuals outside the hotel, including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, owning company representatives, community leaders, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community. Drive team member involvement in community organisations, activities and businesses.
- Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication and listening skills
- The ability to motivate, support and encourage
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style
- Commitment to exceptional guest service
- Goal & quality orientated
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Be able to adapt to a flexible working pattern
- Have good IT skills
- Be accountable for all operational costs
- Proven track record of positive guest satisfaction scores
- Knowledge of third-party revenue streams and experience driving sales and managing marketing initiatives
- Fully understand the hotels P&L and be able to deliver cost initiatives
- Be able to look at new ways of working that gives us a unique stance in our market place