Kilkea Castle Reopening COVID-19 Statement
Dear Valued Guest,
In line with Level 5 restrictions as defined by the Irish Government, we regret to inform you that we are currently closed.
We want to reassure you that we are closely following the guidance and procedures of the Irish Health Services Executive (HSE) & World Health Organisation Guidelines regarding Covid-19, to support the health, safety and wellbeing of our Customers and our Staff.
We are also delighted to announce that we are now accredited under the Failte Ireland Covid-19 Safety Charter. This charter signifies that Kilkea Castle have meet all covid-19 industry safety standards while all our team members across the resort have also been fully trained and certified.
To ensure all our guests are welcomed to a safe resort upon reopening, we are supporting our hotel team with an in-depth Covid 19 Wellness Plan. This plan has been developed to provide guidance and instruction to our team in identifying the key areas and necessary steps required to operate safely in Kilkea Castle Hotel & Golf Resort. We have implemented the following measures to aid this plan;
- Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel team members will have completed enhanced COVID-19 awareness training and inductions.
- Cleaning products and protocols: Our hotel uses Procter and Gamble cleaning products and protocols which are effective against the Covid 19 virus.
- Public Areas; Our food and beverage capacities have been reduced in line to ensure a social distancing of 2 meters is attained between guests. The hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on elevator buttons, door handles, public restrooms and rooms keys.
- Guest rooms: The hotel uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with great attention paid to high touch items.
- Suspected case plan; Specific areas have been chosen for isolation which are located away from lifts. Should a suspect case arise, we will guide the guest, whilst practicing strict social distancing protocols, to this location.
- Sanitisation; Hand sanitisation stations have been strategically located in multiple locations across the resort for our guest and team member areas.
We eagerly await reopening on the 1st December and look forward to welcoming all our future guests, friends, and local community back to our estate.
The Kilkea Castle Hotel & Golf Resort Team