The Spa COVID-19 Reopening statement
The past few months have been a time of uncertainty and change for all of us.
In line with Level 5 restrictions as defined by the Irish Government, we regret to inform you that we are currently closed.
Keeping us all safe, we have closely monitored government announcements and are taking the advice of HSE, Failte Ireland, Irish Spa Association and our spa partner Elemis.
Our top priority has always been to bring an unparalleled safe experience of healing and rejuvenation to our guests, and our resolve is more vital now than ever before. Our team has been hard at work to raise the bar of hygiene and sanitation, as well as considering every step of the treatment process to ensure we meet your needs in a focused and safe manner that is following government guidelines.
Here are some important ways we have ramped up our efforts to guarantee guest and employee safety:
- We have conducted a detailed Health and Safety training program with our staff, ensuring they are educated in strict hygiene protocols and deliver service with compassion.
- We have re-written our SOP’s to ensure that our staff are re-learning new methodologies from their previous practices.
- You will be screened with some strict measurements in place, as will all individuals entering our facility.
- Our treatment rooms are sanitised and cleaned with a compulsory checklist signed off after each treatment.
- We do adhere to distancing between each client and are respect this except inside the treatment room where we, of course, provide you with a contact service. Our staff have new protocols to follow here that you might not have seen previously.
- Our therapists will wear appropriate PPE as an enhanced safety measure.
- Our Steam Room will be temporarily closed.
- We would love to, but we will not shake your hand when we see you. However, we will warmly smile and gesture to our heart as a way of saying ‘Thank you for coming back! We are happy to see you again.’
To keep our guests and employees safe, we will ask all guests to:
- Refrain from visiting the Spa if you or a household member have a fever, COVID-19 symptoms, or a communicable illness.
- Refrain from visiting the Spa if you are under an isolation or quarantine order/directive.
- Respect the Spa’s sanitation and hygiene standards and processes posted within the Spa and shared by employees.
- Wash hands prior to beginning each treatment/service and shower before body treatments.
- Share special sanitation or hygiene requests prior to arriving at the Spa.
We eagerly await reopening and look forward to welcoming all our future guests, friends, and local community back to our estate.
The Spa at Kilkea Castle Hotel & Golf Resort