This year, Valentine’s Day might be celebrated at home, but that does not mean that those celebrating the most romantic day of the year will have to miss out on enjoying sexy, tasty cocktails!
Kilkea Castle’s master mixologist David Pedro created a special drink that inspires l’amour and includes local products and the castle for inspiration. Named the Cupid’s Hope, this original drink promises to make any celebration more romantic and fun!
If you don’t know Kilkea Castle, it is a luxury hotel resort and golf club in County Kildare, Ireland that was voted in the top 5 of Condé Nast Traveler’s 2019 Reader’s Choice Awards. Guests can enjoy curated cocktails while dining at Hermione Restaurant and The Bistro and The Keep, the traditional Irish pub that is located within the medieval fortress.
- 3 ounces of Ballykeefe Vodka (or premium brand)
- 1 ounce of Amaretto
- 6 ounces of Cranberry Juice
- 1 ounce of Vanilla Essence
- Wild Cherries & Love Heart Candy
- Optional – granulated sugar
- Combine ingredients with a scoop of ice in a cocktail shaker
- Shake for 10 seconds
- *Optional – wet rim of martini glass then dip into granulated sugar
- Strain contents into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with Wild Cherry and Love Heart Candy