Ireland is a wonderful place to visit, renowned for its charming villages, vibrant cities, majestic landscapes, and friendly people. Whether you’re roaming around the streets of Dulbin, visiting a typical Irish pub in a rural village, or enjoying a coastal walk and admiring the stunning scenery all around you, you can find a lot to love in this island nation.
A big reason why so many people are drawn to Ireland is the nation’s history and heritage, with lots of fascinating ruins, historical sites, and even castles to be found all around the country. Visiting a castle or two is a great thing to do in Ireland, but actually staying in a castle is an even more exciting and enchanting experience, and that’s what you can do at Kilkea Castle.
Kilkea Castle - Luxury Castle Hotel in Ireland
With history dating all the way back to its initial construction in 1180, Kilkea Castle is one of the oldest inhabited castles in all of Ireland, and it's open to you for your next trip to the island nation. Giving guests a once in a lifetime opportunity to live like fairy tale royalty, Kilkea Castle offers dream-like accommodation and world class amenities in a glorious 12th century setting.
- Location - Kilkea Castle is located in the little inland village of Castledermot in County Kildare. It's only a little over an hour away from Dublin, so it's a great spot to let you enjoy the sights and sounds of the city whenever you want, while also being able to savor the peace and tranquility of the Irish countryside. A charming town with a lot to offer, Castledermot is the perfect place to base oneself for all kinds of activities like games of golf, nature trail walks, and village exploration, with plenty of fun things to do both on-site at Kilkea castle and in the surrounding area.
- The Hotel - Kilkea Castle is one of the most special and unique hotels you could ever hope to find or stay at in Ireland or anywhere else in the world. It's a 12th century castle that has undergone major renovations to preserve and restore its former glory while equipping it with modern luxuries and conveniences for the comfort and satisfaction of every guest. Once home to the Earls of Kildare, Kilkea Castle is family owned and operated and is set on extensive grounds of 180 acres in total, featuring woodlands, gardens, and even a private golf course, as well as enjoying magical views over the surrounding hills and landscapes.
- The Rooms - Gests at Kilkea Castle will find more than 140 rooms in total, divided into three main categories: the Kilkea Castle Rooms, the Carriage Rooms, and The Lodges at Kilkea. All of the rooms are designed and decorated in elegant and tasteful fashion, preserving and enhancing the original features and beauty of the castle itself while also providing many modern luxuries and conveniences guests have come to expect from leading contemporary hotels. You'll find large beds, beautiful furniture, cozy linen, and plenty of amenities in each room including free Wi-Fi access, fluffy bathrobes and slippers, Handmade Soap Company bathroom products, and HD TVs, with The Lodges at Kilkea even providing their own fully equipped kitchens and spacious living areas.
- The Experiences - Staying at the Kilkea Castle hotel is a truly unique experience in every sense of the word, with this stunning Irish castle offering a lot of activities and amenities for guests to enjoy. Those who appreciate the game of golf can visit the on-site private course, for example, while those looking to relax and unwind by themselves or with a partner can head over to the spa for soothing massages and treatments. Guests will also find fine dining opportunities at Kilkea Castle, which offers everything from summer BBQs out on the terrace and lawns to private picnic hampers you can buy and enjoy in your own private spot around the grounds to gala dinners at the hotel's Restaurant 1180 or draft beers at The Keep.
- Weddings - It's no exaggeration to say that many people dream of a truly 'fairy tale' wedding, complete with a castle setting to really feel like a prince or princess, but few ever get the chance to bring this dream to life. Well, at Kilkea Castle, you can. This 12th century Irish castle is one of the best wedding venues in Ireland, offering unparalleled beauty for your big day. Weddings have been held at Kilkea Castle for literally centuries and a range of packages and services are available to suit all needs and budgets.